Train the Trainer
This Train the Trainer course is aimed at those new to training others. It is suitable for adults wishing to learn the skills to develop and deliver successful training sessions and short courses, or training young people as peer educators. It will increase confidence and give trainers the basic skills and knowledge required to deliver effective learning.
This is an interactive programme and there is an emphasis on practice, feedback and coaching. It will help learners gain the key personal skills needed to gain confidence in the ability to communicate with an audience. Participants will be expected to prepare a short training session to deliver on the day and facilitate peer feedback.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Write aims and learning outcomes for training
- Consider the different needs of an audience and identify factors affecting the learning process
- Use a basic tool to identify different learning styles
- Prepare effective training programmes
- Deliver a short training session using a range of training techniques
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Use a basic evaluation tool to measure learning