This course is aimed at young people who are taking on peer advocacy roles or those newly elected to youth councils. It covers the basic skills required to represent others and helps to develop confidence and assertiveness.
Participants will have -
- Discussed the meaning of the term ‘community’ and identified the communities they belong to
- Considered the rights and responsibilities of belonging to a community
- Considered the role of an advocate
- Developed skills to represent themselves and others
- Worked together to develop a basic campaign to represent the views and needs of a community
- Used a basic evaluation tool to measure learning